What a person gives and receives can be a pretty good clue to their character and interests. I think it’s an interesting idea to track gifts given and received every year for Christmas. Maybe next year, my tastes will have changed.
Gifts received (partial list)
- Movie projector – I don’t own a TV, so this will finally let me show movies to other people!
- Electric fireplace – I asked for a Woodwick candle (to replicate that fireplace experience) and got a full-on electric fireplace thing instead. Very fun.
- Rohan flag – I love stories like The Lord of the Rings. This is the flag of Rohan, home of the horselords.
- Tools of Titans, by Tim Ferriss – This is an encyclopedia of interesting ideas and advice from some of the world’s most interesting and influential people.
- Jeans and v-neck t-shirts – These are important parts of my simple uniform of choice.
- A Year With Aslan – I’m excited about this one – a compilation of selections from The Chronicles of Narnia stretching over 365 days. Each one highlights a particular insight on virtue or life from C.S. Lewis’s Narnia stories, which are some of my favorite stories.
Gifts given (partial list)
- Goo Goo clusters – Sourced from the Goo Goo Cluster store in downtown Nashville, Tennessee
- 0.015 BCH – About $35-40 in Bitcoin Cash
- $30 Airbnb gift card – for adventures
- The New York Times: 36 Hours USA & Canada, 2nd Edition – very cool guide to weekend trips in destinations all around the US and Canada.
- A website domain – for my sister-in-law to build her personal website
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC – a month of Adobe video editing software for my brother
- Family traditions journal/notebooks – for my grandmother and father to record family memories. Free dictation/stenography services included.
- MoviePass – 3 months of free daily movie access for a frequent solo movie-goer in my life