If you want topics that spark great, deep, hilarious conversations with friends, you could be like everybody else and buy the game Table Topics for $40 on Amazon.
But you aren’t like everyone else.
You’re lean, mean, and frugal. You’re creative AF. You don’t need some fancy pants box of colored cardboard to tell you good conversation topics.
As I learned tonight with a small group of friends, all you need is a pen, some pieces of scrap paper, and a curious mind. Here are some of the questions we came up with. Next time you see me, feel free to ask me these same questions and I’ll answer you.
Consider this my way of letting you get to know me.
1. If you were a drink (of any kind), what would you be?
2. If you were a traditional American holiday, what would you be?
3. What is your dream job? What job offer would make you drop everything?
4. What is it about the people who are closest to you that makes you value them?
5. What is one thing that annoys you that most people aren’t annoyed by/don’t understand?
6. What is one thing you would do more of if social stigma didn’t exist?
7. What is a superstition you have?
8. What fictional character do you identify with most? Which character do you wish you were more like?
9. What is one belief you have that your parents/people back home would be shocked to know about?
10. What is your most embarrassing taste in music/culture?